Skip to content
Cambridge memories
MJ
Mike Johnston ·

Sitting along the Grand River in the Galt area of Cambridge, Ontario, Landreth Cottage dates back to 1858. This granite Georgian-style cottage, with limestone quoins, was built for the Scottish-born miller George Landreth and his family.

Now owned by the City, it is the last remaining building along this stretch of Water Street, most having been removed to create a berm as part of the flood protection work done after the flood of 1974.

1 Share

Share this post with the world

Share post